When Paul and I invite guests to our home for dinner, I intentionally plan for dinner to be served well after our guests arrive. When doing so, you must entertain guests with something to drink and munch on. If you’re looking for a simple way to impress guests in your home, I have the perfect combination for you: Negronis with roasted pecans.
Negronis combine the bitter flavors of Campari with sweet vermouth and dry gin. A bittersweet Negroni begs for something salty and fatty. Enter savory, salty and crunchy roasted pecans. This recipe for roasted pecans perfectly balances the bittersweet flavors of a Negroni cocktail. Give it a try the next time you entertain in your home. ⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp, dried rosemary (crushed)
- 1 tsp , dried thyme (crushed)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups raw pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Pour pecans onto a cookie sheet. Roast for 5 minutes in the oven. Remove and turn the pecans on the cookie sheet. Roast for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and place in a bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
- 1 jigger dry gin (Bombay Sapphire recommend)
- 1 jigger Campari
- 1 jigger dry vermouth
Bottles of gin should be stored in your freezer and your Campari in the refrigerator to keep them chilled so that you’re ready at a moment’s notice.
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with a few cubes of ice and stir.
- Pour into chilled martini glasses.
- Serve immediately.