With half dozen fresh eggs in the fridge from and friend and neighbor, I was itching to create something new this morning with Tunisian Harissa. Serves 2.
Harissa Hash with Poached Eggs
- 2 small Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 1/2 small sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 large clove of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 Serrano pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp Harissa
- 4 of the freshest eggs you can find
- Smoked paprika, salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all ingredients through the olive oil in a bowl. Sautèe in a preheated cast iron skillet on high until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, crack eggs into ramkins. Heat a large pot of shallow water (4″ high) to a boil. Add a 2 tbsp salt and 1 tbsp white vinegar and reduce to subboil. Add eggs. Turn once when the eggs begin to loosen near the bottom of pot.
- Divide hash between two plates. Remove eggs with slotted serving spoon to drain and plate over hash. Sprinkle smoked paprika over the eggs and serve immediately.