My brother David inspired this recipe for granola. He made a version of this cereal during a visit with our mother. I added tart, dried cherries and slivered almonds.
This version makes twelve servings of 54 grams. Store after completely cooled in a sealed container like a Mason jar for several weeks. You might need to shake up your storage container between servings to break up the sticky sweet granola.
Cherry Almond Granola
- 70 grams coconut oil
- 113 grams honey
- 3 grams vanilla extract
- 4 grams kosher salt
- 300 grams Old fashioned oatmeal
- 60 grams Slivered almonds
- 95 grams Dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large mixing bowl in a microwave until melted. Add honey, vanilla extract and salt to the bowl and mix until combined.
- Add oats and almonds to the bowl and toss granola until totally covered in oil and honey. Spread granola into an even layer on a large baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Bake on middle rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove granola from oven and turn it with a spatula. Break up sticky clumps as you turn the granola and return to the oven to finish baking for another 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and fold in the dried cherries on the baking sheet. Allow the granola to cool for at least 30 minutes before eating.