That bottle of rosewater in the cabinet sure looked lonely after its use in a long forgotten recipe. A little bit goes a long way in this tasty strawberry treat. Most Middle Eastern grocers carry some brand of rose water.
Strawberry Rosewater Smoothie with Pistachios
- 1 frozen banana, cut into chunks
- 280 g frozen strawberries
- 340 g fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp rose water
- Pinch of salt
- 80 g Vital Protein powder (optional)
- 2 Tbsp roasted pistachios, chopped and divided
- Combine all ingredients in a sturdy blender such as a Vitamix but reserve half of the pistachios.
- Cover blender and begin blending at low grinding speed. Increase speed until mixed smooth.
- Pour into glasses and top with remaining chopped pistachios.